Friday, January 6, 2012

Lemon-Garlic Cauliflower


I'm sure a lot of you have the New Year's resolution to either get on a diet or just eat healthier.  Since I had my son, I've eaten as healthy as possible because I want to have great energy for him and it will also help him form good eating habits.  So here's a recipe to jump start your resolution.
This recipe from Emeril has great garlicky flavor with awesome health benefits. Tons of vitamin C with out a ton of calories from the cauliflower, cancer fitting power from the cauliflower and the garlic, and it's a great anti-inflammatory that will help with those workouts I'm sure you're starting too.
Our family loves cauliflower, so if I can find different ways of making them or finding different foods to marry them with then it'll always be a winner.  A new taste for a household staple.
Super good dish with tons of good garlic.  Enjoy!

LEMON-GARLIC CAULIFLOWER
servings: 6 to 8

5 to 6 cups cauliflower
21 cloves garlic
2 lemons, halved
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano - Reggiano

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Place cauliflower in a large bowl.  Add garlic.  Squeeze lemon halves over cauliflower and add the juiced halves.  Add salt and pepper.  Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat.
Put mixture in casserole dish and cook in oven for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure even roasting.  Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan.  Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Savory Biscotti

I like making soups, chilis, stews, and chowders, but I am tired of making the same ol' side of rice, corn bread, or buying frenc...