Friday, September 30, 2011

Baked Seasoned Fries


Baked potatoes, mashed potatoes, hash browns, home fries, potatoes au gratin, twice baked potatoes; there are thousands of ways to make potatoes.  I love starches and most of all potatoes but french fries are my go to.  In college, I would go to the McDonald's across the street to get dollar fries every time I had a craving.  Now, it seems like such a waste of money and time when you compare the amount of time it takes to drive and the time it takes to cook fries.  I prefer to bake fries because time can be spent doing something else instead of looking over a pot of oil and double frying; plus, there is less oil used and absorbed.  It took me many tries to finally get crispy, tasty fries.  Enjoy!

BAKED SEASONED FRIES
serves: 4

4 medium potatoes
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon cumin
¼ teaspoon black pepper

Heat oven to 400 ° F.
Cut potatoes into 1/4 inch strips and put in a large bowl. To the potatoes add the oil, salt, chili powder, salt, pepper, and cumin. Mix with hands.
Place fries on a baking pan in one layer and place in oven. Bake for 30-40 minutes until crisp, turning fries halfway through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Savory Biscotti

I like making soups, chilis, stews, and chowders, but I am tired of making the same ol' side of rice, corn bread, or buying frenc...