Monday, September 26, 2011

BBQ Burgers

My family would find it odd that I even like this because of the onions. Well, I still refuse to eat raw onions, but I love the awesome taste caramelized onions give food.  I realized this after making pork chops with caramelized onions and cinnamon apples. The best combo ever, so now I constantly look for foods that go well with onions.
Burgers are so satisfying.  Now days, it's more than just meat in a bun. So many restaurants that are gourmet burger restaurants have made the endless topping possible. There is no Red Robin around these parts, so I'm always in search of great burger ideas to get that restaurant feel.  I saw this recipe on 5 Ingredient Fix, and had to make my version because I knew it'd be better than a regular ol' burger.

BBQ BURGERS
serving: 4 burgers

1 pound ground beef (preferably 85/15)
Salt and pepper
Vegetable oil spray
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 large yellow onion
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
4 burger buns

Divide ground beef into 4 equal pieces and mold into a round thin disk. Handle as little as possible to get juicy and tender burgers. Salt and pepper both sides. Spray vegetable oil over grill pan and place on medium heat. Place patties on the hot griddle and let cook 6 to 8 minutes per side.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a large saute pan. Add the onions and caramelized over medium heat, adding water as needed, to deglaze the pan. Add the BBQ sauce to the onions when they are mostly caramelized and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes.
Toast burger buns. Top each burger bun with beef patty and spoon BBQ caramelized onions over the top.

Adapted from BBQ Turkey Sliders by Claire Robinson
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Savory Biscotti

I like making soups, chilis, stews, and chowders, but I am tired of making the same ol' side of rice, corn bread, or buying frenc...